lunes, 26 de marzo de 2012

Blog Hub Swap 2012 - Extra Day "The Cute Things The Sea Brought from Far Away"


This is - finally- the final day of this swap ... These 8 days are among the best I've had, although it didn't travel to any interesting place, or do anything truly transcendental its the truth, these days were, and this time I say this with all property and intention, fucking awesome...




 I tasted chocolates from Florida, I got new beautiful yarn, a  knitting journal, a pouch made of ​​DUCKTAPE -no, can't get over it-woolwash, stitch markers, a nice pattern and small zombie minions. Also, I recovered my blogging mojo, that I had lost almost 6 months ago ... Yeah, I guess that's one of the things I liked the most about this exchange, it was as if a valve had been opened, and suddenly ideas, phrases, metaphors, possible places to take pictures, all that began to flow, like magic...

My lack of blogging Mojo brings me to next item on our agenda: I owe gings an apology -and maybe some chocolate too- the adorable gings, got ( I think) the hardest job of all those who participated in the swap... She had to stalk one of the most timid and uncommunicative creatures that has crept through this land since the time of the minah bird - hint: its me-... Although you didn't have much information to work with (about 3 blog post, the short swap's survey and 300 Rav. comments, usually crappy) gings, let me tell you you did an excellent job ... You'd seriously be an excellent spy -I'm not sure if that counts as a compliment, but take it as such-... And another thing: You rock ...


.
.
.
.
.
.
Right!! The little extra I've been talking about for ages! Plus the super seeeecret ninja gift!

This little package came unwrapped, it was a bottle, tied to this card ...


Well I guess I could have blogged about it in any of the other days, as a sort of appendix ... But I found it just so great and amazing that I had to use a day (of sorts) just for it...


Here you have it, a little bottle filled with seashells and listen to this, fossil shark teeth! Gings card said, roughly, that Florida is full of fossil shark teeth (which I find cool) and that the contents of the bottle had been picked up in January of this year ...























I love sea shells ... As a toddler, I used to live in a house in front of the sea, you could always hear the waves and smell the salt ... But things happened, and we had to move ... 






I can still see and smell the sea from where I live now, but I can't hear the waves ... Where I'm trying to go with all this, is that the shells have always been like a piece of home, a reminder of those simpler days that I can always carry with me ... So this little extra really mean a lot to me ...


This is just a part of my collection... I can't find the rest

Now, if this unusually sappy and sentimental post is affecting you as much as me, I recomend you to go to your nearest kitchen, grab a lemon and start sucking, because there's more sentimentalism to come... Pretty much right now...

Lets talk about the ninja gift, in yesterday's comments, gings admitted having no idea which could be the ninja, probably wondering what the hell I was talking about-... The first day of the swap, I mentiones  that all the packages were tied up with what was apparently multicolored yarn ...

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8... One for each day

Now, if you were kind enough to look here,


You'd see my "precious", its a small skein of yarn scraps that I started to put together practically since I started to knit ... It contains each and every one of the scraps of yarn left over from each project that I've started and finished ...

Last time I meassured I was around 85 mts (93 ydds), Today, when I measured, It was 166 mts (182 ydds) wohooo

You could, in some way, say that this ball of yarn is my "history" as a knitter, that  now also contains gings scraps, a chapter in my story, sort of ...  I know It isn't a big deal, but for me all these little scraps that gings used to wrap her packages are almost as historical data ... And one day, after the zombie apocalypse, which I'll survive, because I have zombie keys, I'll watch this skein of scraps and will remember each of these 8 days ... Of that you can be sure ...


And now, by the powers invested in me by myself, on this blog, I declare this part of the swap finished!

Now  all that its left its pray and wait for the goddamn three-legged mule to reach its destination...



5 comentarios:

  1. LOL yes, Gings has seriously mad stalker skillz. Don't forget the Knit Crochet Blog Week coming up in April to keep your blogging mojo going :-)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. What a great wrap-up to your bloggy week! And I love your yarn "history" skein - you'll need to make something special with it.

    May we see you around the blogosphere!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you :D Its my pride...

      And yeah, may the fiber cross our paths another time :p

      Eliminar
  3. i'm so glad that receiving the swap package was such a great experience for you! i had lots of fun putting everything together (incidentally, i wanted to be a detective until age 13) and hoped very much that my choices would be good ones.

    it's been rewarding to read your reactions to everything, which were amusing and sincere, and getting a glimpse into your own yarn crafting universe. the history skein is awesome, btw!

    keep blogging (i'll be back for knitcroblo ;) ) and crafting!

    ResponderEliminar