domingo, 18 de marzo de 2012

Blog Hub Swap 2012 - Day 3 "A Sweet Present from the Deep Seas"


Alright ladies and gentlemen, I'm back, after an unexpected hiatus in our program (and in my opening of packages) due to family situations .... yeah... I'm just trying to sound like a grownup here... what really happened is that my grandma, a very old lady, had a hypertensive attack, so we all at home took turns to look after her and keep her company ... She's much better now, and I have time to write .... 

Because of the things that happened, I'll break the time-space continuum and post the entry that I should've posted 4 days ago ... Here we go ...

The package marked with the day 3 had another of the lovely handwritten cards, this time depicting some seashells and the words "local items" ...


The package felt misteriosly heavy... This was what I saw at first glance as I opened the package:


The stick that protruded gave me a clue of what could be .... Maybe ...Could it be? Yes it was!

CHOCOLATE!!

Inside the package were these two little pieces of heaven: a box of chocolates with sea creatures forms and a chocolate lollipop...


 What would I eat first?? What woud the little chocolate shells taste like? Did the lollipop had a filling?

Answers:
The shells were first ... They were delicious! And they had the most beautiful forms and colors,


Starfish shaped ...


Sea shells shaped ...

After my family and I (Yes, I had help) finished with the shells, which was a bit sad my precious, it was the turn of the yummy lollipop, which was filled with two layers of rich caramel...



Unfortunately, it didn't last more than 10 minutes ... In fact, the time that  took me to eat the shells and the lollipop was less than 30 minutes ... The sweetest 30 minutes I've had in a while...

With all the stress of the day for the situation with my grandmother - We didn't know when she would wake up (if she ever did), she was going to have some sort of mobility problem or some other complication- these chocolates were like a pat on my back, or as a hug, saying "everything will be okay" ... Everything did really went alright, so now you know, pay attention to your chocolate, they might be right... Coming soon, the day 4, plus the promised swatch...

3 comentarios:

  1. Great local stuff - that chocolate lollipop looked super decadent.

    And I know you really don't want me to quote Forrest Gump, right? :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. i'm glad that the candy helped you (and your family :) ) cope with a stressful time. chocolate and caramel are good for that sort of thing!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. LOL such pretty candy - lucky it tasted as good as it looked :-)

    ResponderEliminar