sábado, 10 de marzo de 2012

Blog Hub Swap 2012 – Day 1 “Yarny goodness, right from the depths of the Ocean”


The awesome folks at Ravelry’s “The Blog Hub” organized a swap in early February ... I had heard some things about swaps, and I was dying to try, besides being able to send to someone else somewhere in the world, a small piece of me country (sort of), and someone would send me a small piece of their “reality” ... How cool is that?
The idea was to send a large parcel, divided into 7 small packages (one for each day of the week) ... In the assembly of the packages  there where a few mandatory items (something local, yarn, and a pattern, I think) and a few categories from wicht you could choose at least four ... Part of the fun is that we had to "stalk" our swapee to know what things he/she liked, and what would like the best ... I must say that putting together my package was one of the funniest things I made during  February, you get to feel like a super spy, looking here and there, thinking about what you would like your swapee ...
Ok, enough background ... Yesterday while I was in college, I received a call from my dad, saying that a box had arrived for me from Florida ... When I got home I found this

After a few minutes of reverent admiration decided to open it, and I found a lot of lovely white packets, tied with what seemed like yarn in various colors,and  handwritten labels with funny little drawings for each day Cuuuuuteeee













As an aside
A quick look at the photos some people showed of their packets before sending them, Ithink it's very likely that my secret swapee is gings

I Took the first package, which had a drawing of a ball of yarn, and said, "yarn" ...
 



























Just in case, I squeezed it, it was squishy, I dance a lil’ bit and open the package, this is what I found



Just the color managed to leave me in a aggravated state of imbecility, accompanied by giggles ... Pretty much like this

When I removed the skein of the package I see that it is

MADELINE TOSH Sock!!! Please let me say it again… freaking MADELINE TOSH sock!!… -I don’t know much of fancy yarns, but I know this is a good one, and lovely- In a yummy colorway called “Cousteau” That seems to be made of several shades of pure teal-y yumminess… I think the proper term would be semi solid, but pure teal-y yumminess sounds apropiate at the moment…




 I took a few indoors pics, but they weren’t showing the whole epicness -wtf is wrong with me and the “-ness” today??- of the yarn… 




So I took it outside, with my plants, and took a few more…





And you can see I was right… Freaking Epic Yarn…




I don’t know what I’ll knit with it - my mind is screaming "Socks!"- I’m sure I’ll find the perfect pattern for this yarn ... We'll see ... 

7 comentarios:

  1. That's an amazing color of MadTosh - how clever of Gings to find you something so squee-worthy :-) And I love her ninja yarn-ball on the label LOL

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I know! Its super cute... and the yarn its soooo soft....

      Eliminar
  2. Ok, I love that MadTosh colorway! I'd be crying teal too. :) Also love the photos near the plants - is that aloe I spy in the background?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes it is!! Its my family's pride, it has been with us for around 15 years... I also have some oregano :p

      Eliminar
    2. Oregano and aloe - an intriguing combo, but very useful!

      Eliminar
  3. yep, you got me--i was your swap partner! it was loads of fun to put this package together, and i'm so glad it arrived without problem.

    also, YAAAAAAAAAAAAY for you loving the yarn! when i saw the colorway i suspected it would be a winner :).

    hopefully the pattern i've chosen (look for that via ravelry tomorrow) will compliment the yarn nicely.

    ResponderEliminar