martes, 20 de marzo de 2012

Blog Hub Swap 2012 - Day 5 "Braaaains, The Key to a Healthy Life"


Today’s package was one of the largest, after the wool, inside the box. At touch it didn’t give many clues of what might be its content, unless they were giant pills ...



 The lovely card of the day, indicated that it was something related to a hobby ... Hmmm giants pills related hobbies? Gings, what are you up to?


It weren’t pills,  in fact nothing  further from the truth my dear readers - Can I call you dear readers? No? Well, I just did, Deal with It- In fact it was one of the funniest things I've had the pleasure to call my own. Behold, mere mortals! The Zombiekeys!


Key identifiers!!, zombie-themed ... Aren’t they cute? In the back of the package it said something along the lines of "zombie apocalypse! You need to recognize your keys! Or you’ll be zombie fooood! "...


I guess apart to keep you from getting your brain eaten because you don’t know which key is which, it can prevent  embarrassing episodes like when I got locked in my own house because I couldn't differentiate one key from another...
Gings note contains wise words, which, like the wisdom of the chocolates should not be ignored...


And here you can see one of the identifiers in their natural habitat, doing his job ... Please Ignore the old as time lock...



Tomorrow’s package is also kinda big... and somewhat heavier than today’s ... What does it have? I'm dying to find out!  Yay!! GO DAY 6!!!
In case you haven’t noticed I'm trying to focus on the positive, to avoid the fact that I'm running the packages ... nooooooo :(



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And now, at the request of the lovely Denise, from  Voie de Vie, a few pictures of a Mayan loom ...

Not as cool as you thought right?

I researched a little, this is also called mayan frame, to differentiate it from the waist loom is still used in some villages ... They tend to produce a reversible fabric.



In this picture, you can see a scarf my brother has been working on – since December, ¬¬ slacker- a scarf that reminds me of the resulting fabrics made with the technique of double knitting, one color on each side ...

And here's a picture of the infamous 100% wool scarf...




Being honest, its quite soft, and the color (even though  I don’t like brown) its lovely ... Its only flaw is that its ITCHY, almost as if the scarf was made ​​by an army of fleas, ants, lice and other stinging monsters… Perhaps the Eucalan will help .... Maybe fire will be the only solution… We'll see...


6 comentarios:

  1. Inriguing, thanks for the photo! It's definitely very different from the weaving looms I'm used to seeing in the states. However, there are other knitting devices that are closing in look to that loom. I love that brown scarf, I hope the Eucalan will help. YOu could always give it in sacrifice should the zombie apocalypse occur.

    Which I'm so not prepared for. :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. lol you need some zombie keys!! And perhaps a flamethrower... Just in case :D

      Eliminar
  2. I think those zombie keys are just the best ! Having stayed in Honduras for a while, with family from/in Trinidad, I'm surprised it gets cold enough for a wool scarf in Venezuela ...:-)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. In most of the times it isn't, but right now we're dealing with a really cold season, so, wool its okay :D -if it weren't so itchy_-

      Eliminar
  3. heh, it was a lot of fun shopping for this day's gift! there's this shop full of awesome nick-nacs to choose from, and when i saw the zombikeys i just knew it was a good decision.

    another clue: it was the last set in the store!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I'm loving them from the bottom of ma heart! You rock

      Eliminar