miércoles, 4 de abril de 2012

Digital Archaeology. Rescuing the Past - "Enchanting your projects"




Ladies and gentlemen I'm back, after the Bloh Hub Swap week, I decided to take a little break - wich is an euphemism for: I had to write a million of papers for college, and also, I had to help Burrito Bison to  escape CandyLand- Now, while I enjoy my Easters holiday, I think its the most appropriate time to start blogging again ...


This will be the first of those posts that I should have uploaded last year ... This one corresponds to the dates between late October and early / mid November ...


Warning!! Slightly Sappy post Ahead!! 




Introducing (finally) The blog's pet: Tako-chan

No, I'm not talking about sacrificing a virgin on the full moon to your WIP, nor to knit voodoo dolls to fuck with other people's life ... What I mean, or at least would like to, is to try to direct your emotions, to give them a purpose, a sense, while you're knitting ... I guess one way or another all the knitters, crocheters and spinners do, since as we knit a piece, the more we love it - no matter how much we want to burn it at times- and if we know who will be the recipient in advance, and that person has a special place in our lives, it'll be more easy to "inject" our feelings to the knitting...


Don't get me wrong, I 'm not saying that if you curse a few times to your knitting and start having delusions in which you hang from the ceiling with your yarn while you poke your eyes with the needles the resulting product will come alive and start to ravish inocent bystanders ...I think there is a difference - small, yes- between these completely normal, healthy feelings and a lot of "bad mojo" or negative emotions and how they can affect what we create...


Gee, A photoless post is kinda har to read isn't it?
 Here, more random kappa love

Time of a random story: One of my teachers in college always talks about the power of emotions, the miracles, quantum physics and neuroscience, all in the same discourse ... Somehow she always manages to make everything "click", forcing you to say "doh, that's obvious! How come I didn't see it before.". In a class she talked about the studies of a Japanese scientist called Emoto... The scientist conducted studies on how human emotions can affect water molecules giving them one shape or another.


If we take this for true -I'm not saying that it is, but lets say it is- and think about it, if your emotions can affect the shape of a water molecule wouldn't be possible that they were also able to affect what knit/crochet? I don't mean it just in terms of particles or emotions, but also in more "tangible" terms, I mean of course to gauge, that evil whore that has forced most of us to frog almost a whole fucking sweater sleeve, or the whole body of a shawl for not paying attention to her ... If you are upset or stressed, or just sad, it is very likely that your gauge will vary greatly from the gauge would get on a good day ...

I think thar the point where I'm trying to go (at least I think I have a point) is that in one way or another what we think and how we feel may affect what we do and what we knit...


Continuing the theme of emotions and the mojo and all that crap, in the next post I'll talk about how I "enchanted" the first sweater that I knitted, and how the gauge played with my feelings and my heart...



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As an aside:


The Blogging Topics for the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2012 are up at Eskimimi's Blog... Go read if you haven't.... NOW




Edited Because My head was inside my ass, and forgot to add the first paragraph ¬¬

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario