domingo, 18 de marzo de 2012

Blog Hub Swap 2012 - Day 4 "And the Woolwash shall take your sins away"


The package for today was rather small, but strangely heavy ...



The card of the day, though lovely as always, did not give me many clues ... Or so I thought...



This was the first thing I saw as I opened the package:



The little green ball baffled me to no end, what could it be? a bomb? a darning egg? some sort of mystical device that would steal my soul? An alien egg that would fry my brain? What, in the name of all that is furry and adorable could be that little green ball??



After my absolute and unjustified attack of paranoia, I finished opening the package and saw that it was a bottle of Eucalan, and the evil green ball was just the top ... According to I  what I've heard, Eucalan is excellent for washing woolen items, giving them softness, or something like that ... I have a pair of socks on which I could try the benefits of eucalan ... Or even better! There is a scarf that my brother knitted (with a mayan loom) with a 100% wool yarn (Do you remember the yarn I bought?) That its damn itchy, and it sheds everywhere ... According to the website eucalan gives softness to the fibers, because of its lanolin content... we'll see how it goes: D

But wait! That was not all that was in the package, along with the bottle of Eucalan was a small packet of stitch markers ...



Stitch Markers! These would be the first ones I use, since I always use scraps of yarn ... They look so cute it almost hurts me to open the bag... Gings, you really are the best! I can't wait until tomorrow for the day 5 ...



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now, as I promised what seems like an eternity ago, a little swatch of the pattern that gings sent me for day 2 ...



You could (with good reason) ask "Why the hell didn't you use the yarn gings sent you?? Are you dumb or what??" ...



 To these questions I could only reply that it felt wrong, almost heretical, to un skein the yarn... I Tried to do it 3 times before giving up ... I 'll need titanics amount of willpower when I finally decide to start the sock, but for now, I'll dedicate to admire the yarn, and perhaps pet it ...

3 comentarios:

  1. Well done on the swatch ... even if it is with another yarn. I get how you might want to admire the lovely MadTosh skein for a while longer - the colorway is really wonderful.

    A pic of a Mayan loom would be great!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. whew! i wasn't sure how well these notions would go over--what if you had an extensive collection of stitch markers or preferred a different sort of wool wash? luckily i needn't have worried.

    also, the swatch does look swell (like the color)! but srsly, wind up that madtosh and enjoy yourself! it'll feel awesome to work with and result in a fab project, i'm sure!

    no pressure :).

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Ha ! That Eucalan did look odd to start with :-) Nice swatch: don't chicken out on the MadTosh ;-)

    ResponderEliminar